House Rules (2006)
1. The Clubhouse will normally be open every day from 0800 hours to 1900 hours. Any change will be posted on the Club Bulletin Board.
2. The bar will be open from 1100 hours to 1900 hours Monday-Friday. On Friday, hours will be extended to include Happy Hour.
3. Club members are not permitted to bring or consume their own food or beverages on the Club premises when the kitchen is opened; or to bring and consume their own beverages during the hours when the bar is open.
4. Members may be asked to show proof of membership when entering Club premises.
5. Members shall be responsible for the conduct of their family or guests and shall be responsible for any damage or loss to Club property caused by a family member or guest and shall be liable for the amount of any such loss or damage.
6. No article of Club property shall be removed from Club premises without the prior approval of the House Committee Chairman or Club Manager. The member receiving such approval must sign out the property and shall be fully responsible for its returm.
7. The House Committee Chairman shall be responsible for the furnishing and decoration of the Clubhouse and no change shall be made without his/her approval.
8. Dressing Room showers are not to be used for storage of personal items.
9. The Club cannot be responsible for articles of value left in the Clubhouse or elsewhere on the premises. Personal articles left on the premises will be picked up, held for thirty days, and then disposed of without notice.
10. Use of the dock or beach is at the member’s own risk.
11. Food and beverage prices will be set by the Club Manager with the approval of the House Committee Chairman.
12. No Club member or guest shall stay on the Club premises overnight.
13. Members may reserve the Clubhouse for private or group parties by applying to the House Committee Chairman or Club Manager. A fee will be charged.
14. Outside groups, with sponsorship of a Club member, may contract to use the Club facilities for special events by applying to the House Committee Chairman or Club Manager who will determine the charges and conditions of usage.
15. Complaints are to be directed to the Club Manager. If not resolved, they shall be directed to the House Committee Chairman or Commodore.
16. Flag Officers, Governors, Committee Chairmen and the Club Manager are obligated to inform any member of a violation of the rules affecting that member, the member’s family or guests.
17. Littering is forbidden. All trash must be placed in the dumpster. Trash or garbage brought ashore from boats shall be in appropriate containers and placed in the dumpster, not in the trash cans around the Clubhouse.
18. Children under ten years of age must not be left unattended at the Club at any time. A parent or responsible adult member or guest must be in control of all such children, especially doing Club functions.
19. Pets are not permitted on the Club premises except in transit to or from a boat. They must be on a leash.
20. Alcoholic beverages will not be served to anyone less than eighteen years of age. Adults shall not do anything to circumvent this rule. The Club Manager may request proof of age if he/she deems it necessary. No one under the age of eighteen will be allowed in the bar. Juniors bringing alcoholic beverages to the Club will be suspended in accordance with the By-Laws.
21. At the discretion of Flag Officers, Board Members, House Committee Chairperson and Manager on duty, individuals not conducting themselves appropriately are subject to immediate expulsion from the Club premises and further disciplinary actions including, a letter of reprimand, suspension, and permanent expulsion from the yacht Club.
22. For the safety of the members, swimming must be confined to the area within the float lines. No swimming off the dock.
23. No spinnaker flying or water skiing within the mooring area or Cowpet Bay.
24. Members leaving their cars on the Club Premises overnight or longer must park in the lot adjacent to the tennis courts.
25. All members dinghy’s, trailers, stored boats, and personal automobiles shall display a Yacht Club decal. Members dinghy’s, trailers, stored boats, and automobiles shall display the Club decal in a prominent, easy to view area, i.e. dinghy’s inside on transom, trailers tongue, auto’s on the right rear bumper.