Tennis Rules (2010)
- The Chairman and the Tennis Committee as a whole have complete authority over interpretation and enforcement of court rules as established by the Tennis Committee.
- Court hours are from 0700 to 2200 hours. Please deposit your quarters to use the lights.
- All guests, including houseguests, must be registered at the Clubhouse office with the Club Manager prior to play.
- A St. Thomas resident may be invited to play three (3) times a year by any Club member (in accordance with Club by Laws). This means only 3 times / year not 3 invitations by different members.
- Free clinics organized by the club pro are for members only.
- Clinics, round robins and social events may be organized by The Tennis Committee from time to time. With the permission of The Tennis Committee chair these may be open to non-members, a fee will be charged and the pro would be paid a stipend to manage these events.
- Non-members are not permitted to take lessons on the club courts. Children 12 and older are expected to have at least a junior membership to take lessons or participate in clinics. Children under 12 make take lessons if not members.
- All club tournaments will be open to non-members. All monies collected including but not limited to entrée fees and sponsor fees must be turned over to club.
- All rules will be posted on courts.
- Proper court attire is expected all the time. This includes shirts and proper shoes.
- Court 3 is reserved on a daily basis from 4 pm – 6 pm for members only round robin.
- Courts 2 and 3 are reserved every Sunday morning from 8 am till noon for members only round robin.
- Pro will reserve court #1 for lessons and clinics.
When a sign up system is put in place the following will apply:
- No one except the Pro may sign up for a court more than 3 days in advance
- All players must have completed play on a reserved court before they may reserve another court.
- All players’ names must be entered when reserving a court.
- Courts may be reserved for periods not lasting more than one hour and a half and will be forfeited after 10 minutes if all players are not present.
- Please cooperate by leaving the court promptly at the end of your assigned time.